Gardens to visit in Cornwall
By English Counties
see these pages for England or Scotland or Wales
Here are some links to gardens to visit, either locally or whist on holiday in Cornwall. The sites we list include other sites recommending gardens as well as individual gardens.
The gardens listed include gardens which have limited access for people to visit, as well as other gardens open to the public all the year round - so check the opening times of particular gardens before going.
General Open Garden sites
National Gardens Scheme - The Charity behind The Yellow Book of gardens open to The public. Often small and usual gardens open just one or two days a year. The site includes The GardenFinder database for finding gardens to visit.
National Trust - Lists The gardens and property owned by The National Trust in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
Garden History and Garden Tours - International guide to gardens to visit - includes large number of UK gardens.
British Red Cross Open Gardens programme offers a rare opportunity to explore the secrets of some hidden and private gardens not usually open to the public.
English Heritage - Lists The English Heritage gardens and properties open to The public.
Garden Shows - Diary of gardening shows around The UK.
Please check opening times by website or other contact detail as gardens have their own various opening times.
Gardens to visit in Cornwall
- a spectacular 26 acre Cornish ravine garden, rated among the 80 finest gardens in the world. This sub -tropical paradise is home to a unique collection of rare and exotic plants, trees and shrubs winding down to a private and secluded beach on the Helfor
Mary Newmans Cottage - A peaceful garden that overlooks Brunel's famous Albert Bridge, with spectacular views down the Tamar estuary. Plans are in place to transform the garden in an authentic Elizabethan style by summer 2007, complete with traditional varieties of herbs, fruit, vegetables and flowers. Mary Newman's Cottage is a Grade 2 listed building, believed to date from around 1480.
Contact 01752 843388 or 07767 444816.
Caerhays Castle and Gardens
- The 100 acre garden at Caerhays contains a combination of both spectacular spring displays of enormous tree magnolias rhododendrons and camellias as well as a huge range of rare woodland trees and shrubs originating primarily from China.
Lost Gardens of Heligan
- The award winning Lost Gardens of Heligan extend to some eighty acres of superb pleasure grounds together with a magnificent complex of walled gardens and a huge, productive vegetable garden, all fast returning to their former glory.
Lying at the heart of one of the most mysterious estates in England, the former seat of the Tremayne family is now the site of the largest garden restoration in Europe.
- is nestled in a huge crater. Here, massive Biomes housing the largest rainforest in captivity, stunning plants, exhibitions and stories serve as a backdrop to our striking contemporary gardens, summer concerts and exciting year -round family events.
Hidden Valley Gardens
- an intimate award -winning three acre garden and specialist plant nursery, nestled in a secluded hidden valley.
[Back to top